The primary function of the Corporate Engagement Director is to build and maintain the portfolio of top accounts that provide over 50% of the total revenue that supports the association and it’s foundation. The Director manages a staff focused on member retention, new member acquisition and sales operations. The Director is a member of the executive staff, reports directly to the CEO and needs to understand and be able to speak to the breadth of CTA’s and CTF’s value and impact across the spectrum of community development, economic development, workforce development, and advocacy.
1. Build executive relations for portfolio of top accounts:
- Ensure relationship depth at the C-level (minimally CEO, CIO, CMO)
- Integrate into CTA’s/CTF’s strategic networks
- Enroll into the Annual Investor program
- Provide executive account management through an annual investor program:
- Create a documented Strategic Account Plan for each annual investor with allocation preferences.
- Coordinate and conduct mid-year account reviews and year-end summary review meetings
- Renew in a timely manner
- Maintain dashboard, ensure that all systems accurately reflect Investor’s status.
- Organize the Annual Investor event.
2. Develop revenue from all sources statewide (dues, sponsorships, fees, donations and grants):
- Sell sponsorship packages.
- Generate Investor, Supporter, Premium dues revenue: direct sales, manage staff focused on renewals
- Generation donations and grant funding for the Foundation.
- Develop new sponsorship packages as opportunities develop through Investors – be adept at recognizing good opportunities yet avoiding overcommitting the organization.
- Lead the BOD Membership Development committee to drive BOD engagement in top accounts.
3. Partner with marketing:
- Lead creation of annual sponsorship catalog.
- Coordinate with marketing on the planning and design of all collateral specific for top accounts.
- Coordinate with marketing on communications activities to top accounts.
- Connect with sponsors frequently to ensure expectations are aligned.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Marketing and Finance fully understand the commitments made to the sponsors, including initiating sponsor onboarding with signed contract before handoff to Marketing.
- Assist with the delivery sponsorship package deliverables as assigned.
- Assist with speaker recruitment and confirmation.
4. Manage and develop the sales staff who are focused on:
- Membership experience management, renewals
- Sales operations, including data quality
- Customer service
- Ticket and table sales
5. Represent CTA on designated strategic initiatives as assigned by CEO
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with executives
- Executive account management and relationship outreach experience.
- Experience managing others.
- Ability to positively interact with all types of people: staff, the BOD, members and sponsors.
- An understanding of a not-for-profit association environment and of the technology industry in order to articulately and confidently convey the Association’s value proposition, at the same time as understanding member’s businesses in order to build more meaningful relationships within accounts.
- Excellent communication skills, including very professional and positive phone skills, as well as clear and accurate written communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 5+ years of related sales and business development experience.
- Detail oriented, skilled at tracking action items and metrics including holding people accountable.
- Knowledge of technology industry
- Project management skills, including planning, scheduling and coordinating.
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate events and or initiatives
- Strong computer application skills
How to Apply / Contact
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume, including how you heard about the job via email to email@example.com with the subject line: VP Corp Engagement