Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Director of Product Marketing will define and enable the go-to-market strategy for our products, working closely and collaboratively with the Product Management and Sales organizations. You will be an advocate for how we solve customer problems. You will be our expert on our products and help optimize our sales process and collateral. In short, you will give our sales team a competitive edge. As a subject matter expert, this role is at the heart of all Marketing and Sales efforts.
- Develop the strategy for messaging, promotion, selling, and expansion of our product footprint in close collaboration with Product Management.
- Make data-driven decisions to drive the sales of our products to achieve company goals.
- Research market needs, and collect and analyze data that supports our products to our Buyers.
- Define and maintain a deep understanding of our Buyer Personas.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on our products to customers, prospects, external stakeholders (analysts, media, pundits, agencies) and internal stakeholders (Sales, Demand Center, etc.).
- Lead the go-to-market strategy, messaging, and marketing of new releases and new products.
- Serve as an evangelist for our products through thought leadership and blogging, social media, and speaking.
- Work collaboratively with the Content Marketing Manager and writer(s) on the content strategy and supporting assets.
- Create content (e.g. white papers, product videos, website copy, blog posts, webinars, etc.) to support progression along the Buyer Journey.
- Work with our customers to identify and create case studies and customer success stories.
- Assist sales on calls when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Deliver training and sales tools, in partnership with Employee Development, to our reps to help them be more efficient and effective.
- Keep the company up-to-date with market trends and competition, and keep us several steps ahead of the competition at all times.
- Conduct Win / Loss analysis in cooperation with Product Management and translate that into actionable information, tools (i.e. battle cards) and programs for Sales and Marketing.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent working experience. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing.
- Proven and visible marketing veteran with experience driving adoption and expansion of a product.
- Possess a highly analytical approach, used in a wide range of responsibilities, from customer development to product adoption to sales processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills — there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting / selling in this role.
- Previous experience being accountable for metrics, such as content effectiveness, Win Rate, Competitive Win Rate, market penetration, market share, etc.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring life to the product.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management, Marketing Automation, and Content Management systems preferred.