Ponderosa Advisors is a fast-growing data products and consulting firm with information and analytical tools to improve decision-making in natural resource markets. The company’s Water Sage division is seeking a Marketing Director to expand its business and build out its marketing capability. Water Sage is a web-based research and analytics platform integrating water rights, well, and land data with a host of legal and administrative insights. Water Sage is sold as a SaaS product and has been commercially released in Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, and Texas, with 13 more Western states in development and the entire US in its sights. This is a new position that will report to the President of the Water Sage division and interact closely with the sales department and all related client-facing and development personnel.
Ponderosa Advisors is seeking an individual with exceptional talent and skills to join its senior staff to lead the marketing effort and support sales growth and business development for Water Sage.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing plan for Water Sage, including go-to-market strategy as new states, data, and features become available.
- Create, apply, and execute a market segmentation strategy for Water Sage’s potential customer/client base.
- Devise and recommend product/service positioning, language, packaging, and pricing strategy to enhance brand awareness and product acceptance.
- Formulate and deploy marketing campaigns across market segments, build automation, and boost search marketing.
- Advise and oversee all website and social media content for the Water Sage brand.
- Lead content generation including consistent collaboration with both Water Sage subject matter experts and outside individuals/organizations. Coordinate with PR and internal personnel to drive earned media and ensure continuity of the Water Sage message.
- Author, co-author, or lead the development of white papers, op-ed articles, internet postings, webinars and social media to promote Water Sage’s benefits and values to each of the various segment populations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Develop, maintain, and direct a marketing and inside sales/account management staff including recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, and evaluating employees’ performance toward planned sales and marketing metrics.
- Meet with key customers and assist sales with maintaining relationships, negotiating opportunities and closing deals.
- Work with sales team to maintain relationships with customers/clients by organizing and developing specific customer marketing programs, including Water Sage’s presence at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, and seminars.
- Generate and manage sales/marketing operating budgets. Plan and oversee all marketing activities, including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Provide short- and long-term market forecast reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Influence and provide insight into product development and design by monitoring client use, interaction with clients, and evaluating market trends.
- Develop new uses and markets for existing products by analyzing use statistics, acquiring and analyzing market data, and consulting with internal and external sources.
- Working knowledge of modern marketing practices, including website, content-based, search, and marketing automation
- Strong business acumen
- Independent, creative self-starter with a results-driven mindset
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Executive experience in building and managing the execution of a marketing budget at or below budgeted costs
- Adaptable to change
- Learning mentality with a desire for constant growth
- Five to ten years of experience in marketing data/information/SaaS products and services across multiple customer segments
- College degree; advanced degree preferred
- Progressive experience managing a marketing and sales team
- Basic proficiency with CMS (Kentico preferred) and basic design tools is a plus
- Proven track record of leading and building teams
Salary, benefits, and bonus commensurate with the level of expertise and experience a candidate brings to the position. Upward mobility potential with exceptional performance.
To inquire about open positions at Ponderosa, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.